Saturday, November 5, 2011

Paper Towel Pictures.....




A few coworkers and I eat lunch in our new Culinary room.....well my eyes "walk the walls" when I'm in there....as everywhere I go. I think I notice more of my surroundings than the normal person, but who is to say I'm normal.....aaaanywaaayyyys one day I noticed on the board one of her students had painted her name in black paint on a plain old paper towel. She included a heart under her name.....super cute! I had just redone my living room and made a picture frame collage on our wall with old frames from around the house. I filled 2 picture frames with some heart. Here is how I did it......I'm spreading the love!

Here is what you will need: Black paint, papert towels, frames with matte board, and a paintbrush.



First thing is dis-assemble your frame and pencil around your matte board onto the paper towel so you know how big to draw your shape (ps I'm not left handed....I just couldn't push the camera button with my left hand...not that coordinated! Ha!)


Next, paint on the shape you wanted.....I did a heart cause that is what I saw in the classroom, but I want to do the shape of leaves or flowers next time and then line the frames up in straight lines on the wall. I love straight lines. 


 Finally, cut out the paper the size of your frame (don't cut the paper the size of the matte board...the more paper the better)

I taped the paper onto the matte board then put it in the frames.....and wah la I have some basic pictures for my picture collage......obviously I need more pictures for the collage....Get excited cause I have some ideas up my sleeve for those frames!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment