Monday, November 7, 2011

Fall Trend Alert.......

Every week I do a "weekly trend" where I cut out fashion magazine clippings to share recent trends with my fashion students. (Money tip: Why pay for a college degree in Fashion Merchandising when you can just find trends yourself and become a buyer for a top apparel company?!?! Good idea, right??? Ha, not really....stay in school!)

It's funny cause around my birthday I posted a weekly trend on masculine watches for women. I had begged my hubby to get me one....sent all the normal birthday lists info like three different websites to order it from, color, size, descriptions, you know all the normal things that men need for birthday ideas....he followed through. ;)  So it was perfect timing to post the trend. A week later one of my students came up to me and said "Potter, you inspired me. Look at my watch....it's fake, but it still looks good". Ah ha, success! I "inspired" a student. My career can end now......even if it is over a fake $25 masculine watch....I made a connection! :)

(When a celebrity does it...you know it is legit!)


So my newest favorite trend that the students actually followed was turning a summer dress into a fall outfit.....how so you my ask?? Well, I LOVE my summer dresses.....ok ok I just love summer...who wants to move to Florida with me?? Nevermind about that, all you need to do is take your summer dress and pair it with a matching blazer. Add some boots and it is perfect for this Kansas City kinda fall and sometimes summer weather we are having deep into November......as it gets colder you can still have this look, but pair with with some tights and short boots. And ta daa......you can still wear your favorite summer dresses in winter!!!
(This is me in my classroom with my beloved dresser <3 that was a do it yourself project that I CAN'T wait to share......another obsession!)

No comments:

Post a Comment