Saturday, December 10, 2011

Tis the season....

I LOVE to decorate.....clearly! (it is part of my job!) My house never looks the same during the holidays. This year I had some tricks up my sleeves.....

This year I decorated with the color red! I used red accessories that I had stuffed in a closet and....apples. Simple little apples :) 

I traded out my red pillows on the couch (which these are quite comfortable and made me think....hmmmm I need new pillows) and threw some super red apples and pine cones in the coffee table basket. Love.

Here are some more ideas.....


Hang wreaths over the mirrors....this is fake, but a real one would be nice...I'm just too cheap!

I pulled out my granny's china and put it with my white dishes. So happy to have pieces that she loved so much. Look at that....has special meaning and is decor. LOVE!

Our mantel is tricky considering we have a giant TV and awful speakers.....man stuff. But this year I finally found a good balance of decor and all I want to do is be in our living room....it is so homey!

Lights always make it look holiday'ish (I like to make up words!)

 
Apples!!! Great color decor AND a great healthy snack if you get hungry!
  I filled glass vases (one vase is from Pottery Barn from our wedding and the other is from Walmart.....same thing for waaaaayyyy cheaper!) with apples and pine cones. And wrapped the vases with tweed. The pine cones had a nice scent to them....I originally was going to venture around the neighborhood to find some cones, but went to Big Lots and found a bundle of them for $4! Waaayyy worth that to stay warm and not be sneaking through people's yards like a crazy neighbor.

Brought the big red start down and wine bottles (good thing we like wine cause they make great accessories!)
I used old books to create different levels on the mantel. Usually accessories look good grouped in three's and at different levels. I went to the thrift store and got 10 books for $5.....I took the covers off and looked for hard back books that were neutral colors. Stack those up for a great Pottery Barn look! I also wrapped some tweed around the wine bottles to help tie the look together....you always want to repeat things in the room so it doesn't get too crazy and seem cluttered.

What I'm not looking forward too.....putting all the Holiday decor away :( HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!  ENJOY YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND REMEMBER.......FAMILY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING!! BE THANKFUL FOR WHAT YOU HAVE AND TELL YOUR LOVED ONES THAT YOU LOVE THEM :)

No comments:

Post a Comment